Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: k40 blue stains

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Rigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi there..

    Did you ever get blue dots in processed k40?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jocko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2001
    Posts
    90
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    only when I was taking drugs>>just kidding..I've seen some wierd color shifts in k-40..but I have neve seen blue dots..as Mr.Hand stated.. to jeff Spicoloi... "I DON"T KNOW"

    Neil
    JOCKO FILMS

  3. #3
    Inactive Member stanley k's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2000
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I did several times, but only when it was processed by Fuji in Arizona. Of course, now someone is going to mention the million and a half times they've sent their film to Fuji in Arizona and no blue dots. But, yes, Rigo, I have those blue dots on some of my K40 as well.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Guess I should stop sleeping with my film then eh?

    Hehehehe

    Sc redfacett

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Mikko's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 4th, 2000
    Posts
    127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes and so many times. But only in low-light scenes and under exposed scenes.

    M

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Rigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Now I have a few clues. It happened to me with the swiss lab, and I?ve exposed the film after hard temperature changes, and I?ve got them in low light conditions.

    I rely most in the temp change, but did it happen to you in the right side of the frame? It did to me, and I just get to think that it has to do with the processing.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member mattias's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    335
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    seen em several times. they say it's from the processing, but that it's caused indirectly by humidity and temperature changes. never got any stains when i used refridgerated film taken out only hours before shooting and sent for processing via a "kodak image center" store immediately. no more film in drawers or mailboxes for me.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member ekoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2000
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i've had them also. that particular reel was sent to kodak's swiss lab.
    i know this problem has also plagued kodak 5274 vision 200t and 5279 500t stocks.
    however, i've come to accept that these blue dots, or 'bruising' as it's been called, is more a result of rapid shifts in temperature than of bad stock or processing.
    because of this, i'm now more careful in transferring my film from one temperature extreme to the next, such as air conditioning to outdoor sun. you should allow the film to acclimate within the manufacturers sealed packaging before removal.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Rigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    mattias, how do you store, shoot and mail?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •